Nov 18, 2008

Botanical Findings: Behind the Face


This theme was all about looking at nature in a whole new way, therefore, taking unusual pictures with different points of view. I should be going after my grandmother (Ama) but i couldn't wait to post these so I'm taking advantage of this blog's lack of rules and I'm going out of order. The first picture I took is of the back of a sun flower (the stem is running up). It's interesting to know that so much beauty is hiding behind the yellow face of the sun flower.

The next picture I took was of a dying plant; it's leaves brown and crispy. Most people over look the plants who are past their prime, but if you really take a second to examine the intricate patterns and colors that we just call "death", you may be surprised...

2 comments:

Laurie Cannon said...

Evan, I was really surprised by your close-ups here. The angles and the plants are beautiful. Inspiring.
Thank you.
Mom

ama said...

What beautiful, complex photographs, dear Evan. Surprising views from Nature, who is always full of surprises!
Love,
Ama