Feb 9, 2009

Trash: Trash Love

I'm into trash. I used to fabricate jewelry from work-a-day rubber o-rings. Plumbing gaskets. Wove them into cuffs that looked like baskets. Made a folded, five-pointed bangle from graph paper and scotch tape. New materials, new components--but one had to appreciate trash to like them.
One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. A torn bar code. Used bus transfer.

Scarf down these popsicles evenings at home. Run the wrappers under the faucet before I toss them to keep the ants from getting ideas. Keeps trash from becoming a liability.

Thanks,
Laurie

2 comments:

Evan Neff said...

Really like the pics!
What is the middle picture of, with the warm tones?
I love the use of light in the last one...

ama said...

Stunning, inspiring photos! I always thought of your O-ring jewelry as treasure, not trash. So that means that one person's trash can be another's treasure. Deep!

love,
ama