Jun 7, 2009

Long Exposure: City Lights Reflected

It was interesting playing around with long exposure... and hard.
I probably should have read my camera's manual before I ventured out into the Berkeley Marina at 9:30, my frozen fingers fumbling with the camera's settings and various knobs and buttons.

But I think it was an overall success, especially because these landscapes the camera was capturing were pitch–black as I looked up, over my camera's lens. But after 30 seconds of the open shutter, What's this? (Semi) well–lit pictures appeared on the screen!


5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

That second shot is magical...I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. What are we seeing here?

Evan Neff said...

It's actually a puddle with light from a street lamp casting around the water. I really love this one. Slightly magical.

Laurie Cannon said...

I am always impressed by your subject choices, the way you see pictures in things invisible to others.
Great work.

Unnecessary J said...

wonderful colors and lights in the first one. i wish i lived by a view that amazing! very magical pictures :]

ama said...

Very beautiful shots, dear Evan.
I admire your willingness to experiment and master new aspects of your art.

love,
ama